Anyone aspiring to grow needs good resources. Here’s some that I use on a regular basis and that I wholeheartedly recommend. Hopefully, you’ll enjoy them as much as I have.
Bible Reading & Bible Study
- YouVersion: This is a simple and easy to use free Bible app that helps you to incorporate Bible reading into your on the go lifestyle.
- BibleGateway: This site offers free tools for Bible study and reading. It also hosts daily devotionals, audio bibles, reading plans and several other goodies and freebies. I use this site regularly and I’m a part of their #bgbg2 bloggers grid.
- Crosswalk: This is another site that offers free Bible study tools. It also features some great articles relating to faith, family, culture and Christian living.
- The High Calling: This site hosts daily devotionals and articles relating to work, life and God.
- Life Letter Cafe: This site also hosts daily devotionals from some of the best church leaders and writers on the web. I’m a regular contributor to this site and recommend it to anyone for a daily dose of encouragement.
- ChurchLeaders: The home of many great articles regarding church leaders. It also features many articles relating to Christianity in other parts of the world. This is one of the best sites for church leaders to grow their skills.
- Simply Youth Ministry: The best site on the web that is geared specifically toward anyone in youth ministry. They feature a regular youth leaders conference, Simply Youth Ministry Conference, in which I am hosting a workshop.
- FivestarMan: This site is geared toward Christian men. “FivestarMan is a movement of men embracing a purpose-filled life and the passionate pursuit of authentic manhood.” This site is all about helping men to become champions in their homes and jobs. It equips and instructs men to not only survive, but to thrive in the culture. I know the founder personally and recommend this site to any man wanting more out of life. It’s free to sign up!
- Relevant Magazine: This is an online magazine written with young adult aged Christians in mind. Topics include faith, culture and everything in between. It’s the online hotspot for young adult aged Christians who are seeking to grow in their lives. I’ve written numerous articles for them that have done really well.
- Christianity: This site offers various articles and devotionals to grow your faith. It specializes in topics such as the Bible, Christian Theology and Church History.
- Charisma News: This is another online Christian magazine that is geared toward Christians who are spirit-filled. It features articles relating to news happening in the U.S., the world, politics and cultural trends.
Books On My Shelf
- The Making Of A Leader: This classic by Dr. Robert J. Clinton helps you to see how leaders are developed over a lifetime. This is a must read for anyone serious about leadership development.
- Being Leaders: Written by Dr. Aubrey Malphurs is one of the best Christian leadership books I have ever read. It answers the question of what makes a leader a Christian leader? He explains the difference between a Christian leader and a secular leader. It’s another must read for anyone aspiring to be a Christian leader.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: This book is a business and leadership bestseller with over ten million copies sold. It teaches a leader how to promote personal change. It’s a book that teaches you how to be more effective in both the personal and professional arena.
- Leading From The Inside Out: Written by Samuel D. Rima this book encourages and equips those in authority to master their own self-leadership before they attempt to lead others.
- Experiencing God: This is a modern day classic on how to develop a true relationship with God. It helps us understand how to relate to God and how he works in and through our lives. I’ve read this book on several occasions. It has been a bestseller with millions of copies sold worldwide.
- The Search For Significance: With over two million copies sold this book teaches us how to find our significance through God’s eyes. It includes a workbook to help you work through all the material. I’ve also read this book more than once. It should be a must for every professing Christian.
- How To Win Friends & Influence People: This book is a classic that teaches you how to get along with anyone to help you achieve your goals and dreams. This book was originally released in 1936 and has sold more than 15 million copies. It’s definitely worth reading!
- Wild At Heart: “In his book Wild at Heart, author John Eldredge thrust a generation of men, young and old, toward a journey to recover true masculinity―the soul of a man as God designed him.” This book changed my life! It can do the same for you.
- Celebration Of Discipline: I first read this book in college and have read it several times since. Written by Richard J. Foster and it’s one of the best books on Christian spirituality and the path to spiritual growth. Since its original publication in 1978 this book has sold millions of copies and is a must read for anyone serious about growing in their relationship with God.
- God’s Armor Bearer: This book will teach you how to serve your leaders to see God’s vision fulfilled in your own life. This is required reading for every freshman at our school. I would recommend it for anyone serving in the local church.
- Life Application Study Bible: This is the #1-selling study bible. It offers several thousand study notes and teaches you how to apply the word of God to your personal life. (I can’t offer a book list without suggesting the Bible!)