A couple of years ago I gave myself the best advice. It’s funny, but I actually gave myself some pretty good advice. Are you ready to hear it?
I was asked by someone about one of my dreams in life. I responded to them that I wanted to be a writer.
After confessing this I said to myself, “Well then, writer’s write!”
That was it! Sounded simple enough.
Do you want me to translate it for you?
Just Do Something!
- If you want to be writer, then start writing.
- If you want to be minister, then minister to someone.
- If you want to be singer, then start singing.
- If you want to be an artist, then create art.
- If you want to philanthropist, then give something away.
- If you want to be a missionary, then take a mission trip this year.
- If you want to be _________________, then start _________________.
Whatever it is you feel called to do, then start now!
You don’t need an audience to affirm what you’re called to do! Let that thought settle in your head a little bit! Go ahead, read it again!