A Free Book And Why Great Leadership Really Matters
I believe in great leadership. I’m currently reading the book, EntreLeadership by Dave Ramsey. It is a practical and relevant book on leadership and business. The principles taught in this book are easily transferable to any place of leadership that you might find yourself leading in. At the end of this post, I will explain how you could get a FREE copy of this book.
In the age in which we live we need great leadership now more than ever. I’m not talking about the kind of leadership that we see publicized on TV between political parties. I’m talking about the kind of leadership that has been somewhere and knows how to take people on the journey with them.
I’ve really been blessed to serve under some great leaders. I currently serve under a strong leader who has grown our church from 400 people to over 4200 in weekly attendance. In the process I have learned many things from his life and from the lives of other leaders that I have had the privilege to glean from. I’ve learned that there are many people who call themselves leaders but there are few great leaders out there. I’ve also learned some things that great leaders instinctively know. I’m not by any means implying that I’m a great leader but here is what I’ve learned from a few of them:
- It matters who is on your team. The wrong people on your team will cripple your efforts.
- There are no shortcuts to success in life but anything of significance is achieved by hard work!
- It is important that you keep growing. My pastor tries to read one book a week (Yes, that’s 52 books a year!)
- People are your greatest resource, not money. People matter!
- Great leaders are risk takers and choose to be different from those around them.
- Scars are just proof that you’ve been through something and lived to tell about it. (Jesus still has scars!)
- Integrity matters. (Didn’t think I would leave that one out did you?)
- You only get what you plan for. Leaders don’t wait for their ship to come in, they build their own!
- You’re never too successful or busy to be a servant leader.
- Without God in our lives we can’t accomplish anything of significance or worth eternal value.
This is certainly not an exhaustive list but these are some principles to think about. In fact, by doing these things it would automatically put you ahead of about 80% of the leaders that you come into contact with on a daily basis.
In order to encourage you to be a great leader I am giving away two copies of Dave Ramsey’s newest book, EntreLeadership. In order to get a chance at getting one of these, you must take the following three actions.
- Leave a comment below. Answer the question at the bottom of this post.
- Fill out the contact form. Please use my Contact Form to include your information for a book.
- Twitter a link to this post. If you don’t have a Twitter account, you can use Facebook.
If you would like to receive my future posts to your inbox or hear about more free book giveaways in the future, then please take a moment and subscribe to my blog by clicking here.
On Monday, October 17, 2011, I will select two people based solely on my arbitrary and subjective evaluation of their comments. If you are one of those selected, I will notify you via email. If you don’t hear from me, you can assume that I picked someone else.
Question: What principles would you add to the list on my post?
I'm a pastor and writer. I like to help people to grow in their relationship with God. I live outside of Atlanta, GA. I've written a book, Stubborn Faith: 30 Day Devotional Guide For New Growth. It's available for free as a download on this blog. Feel free to follow me on Twitter at @ericspeir