I LOVE COMMENTS!
I believe that in order to build community and to connect with one another we need conversation. I love writing and encouraging people but I want to connect with the people who are taking the time to read what I have to say.
That being said, I highly encourage comments and will accept them on my blog. There are a few guidelines that I like for everyone to follow so that we can keep things nice:
1. You may not post anonymously. You can login via OpenID, Twitter or Facebook. Too many people try to hide on the Internet and I think if you’re going to say it, then you should own up to it.
2. You may post follow-up questions. If you have a question, chances are you are not along. Other people probably have the same question. Therefore, I would rather receive your comments on my blog than via email. It is a better use of my time to address everyone at once rather than several similar emails.
3. You may disagree with me. I welcome debate. However, I ask that if you disagree with me or anyone else for that matter that you do so in a way that is respectful. I’ve seen too many people say things online that they wouldn’t dare say in person. Let’s break the mold here!
4. I reserve the right to delete your comments. This is my blog. I don’t have an obligation to publish your comments. The First Amendment gives you the right to express your opinions on your blog not mine.
Specifically, I will delete your comments if you post something that is, in my sole opinion, rude, off-topic, libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate my sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws; or “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services.
5. You retain ownership of your comments. I do not own them and I expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on my site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve me from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
6. You grant me a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free. You grant me the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video, or presentation.
Again, I LOVE COMMENTS and in short, my goal is to host interesting conversations with caring, honest, and respectful people. I believe this simple comments policy will facilitate this.