Hi, my name is Eric Speir and I’m a man of many hats. I’m a husband, father, pastor, author, college professor and serial encourager. I have been blogging here since 2011.
For years, I’ve been committed to getting it right in my faith and family. I believe these are the two most important areas of our lives. My mission is to give people the encouragement and resources to thrive in their relationship with God and their family.
Below are some of the topics I write about:
- Life Calling
On occasion, I write about stuff that doesn’t fit neatly into one of these categories.
I normally try to post two times a week and am always looking for ways to add value to people’s lives. If you want to stay in the loop and don’t miss a thing, sign up for free updates by entering your email here.
- 7 Reasons Why God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers
- Why God Never Seems To Be In A Hurry
- The One Thing You Need To Know About God’s Promises
- The 3 Most Important Decisions Parents Must Help Their Children Make
- 10 Books Every Father Should Read
- 4 Words Most Children Are Starving To Hear From Their Parents
- 10 Seconds To A Healthier Marriage
- Lessons I Learned From Crushing My 6 Year Old In Monopoly
- 3 Tips For Parents Who Occasionally Screw Up
- How To Deal With A Jerk
- One Reason God Wants You To Be A Morning Person
- The Enemy’s #1 Trick For Destroying Your Destiny (It’s Not What You Think!)
- What You Can Do If You Feel Like You’ve Missed Your Calling
- Questions To Ask Yourself To Discover Your Calling
- 6 Ways To Tell If You Are Making A Living Or Making A Life
- An Interview With Noah: “What I Would Have Done Differently.”
- Top 10 Signs Your Church Might Be In Trouble
- Ten Signs You Know The Recession Is Affecting Your Church
You May Have Also Seen Me In These Places:
Relevant Magazine: 5 Reasons God Makes Us Wait
Relevant Magazine: Why Won’t God Hurry Up?
Relevant Magazine: The Great Recycler of Pain
Charisma Magazine: One Thing Sons Need From Their Fathers
Catalyst Space: 7 Ways To Be An Above Average Leader
ChurchLeaders.com: 5 Lessons I Wish I Knew Before Starting Ministry
Fivestar Man: One Thing Sons Need From Their Fathers
Bright Hub.com: 5 Traits of Successful College Students
I am a full time pastor and have been in ministry for about 14 years now. I have been in a few churches holding positions such as Ministry Development Director, Operations Pastor and Pastor of Pastoral Care. I spend the majority of my time ministering to people.
I have also spent time in the marketplace as well. I have been in corporate management in a multi-million dollar finance company holding positions such as training manager and branch manager. In both the marketplace and in ministry I have given myself to developing people to their fullest potential.
I believe that knowledge and education are great tools to personal development. I graduated from Southeastern University with a Bachelor of Arts in Pastoral Ministry. I also completed an M.Div in Practical Theology with a focus in Leadership Coaching from Regent University. In the very near future I plan on pursuing a Ph.D in leadership development or a D.Min in Spiritual Formation.
I love to write and encourage people. I am currently working on a couple of books dealing with overcoming setbacks and personal adversity.
I have been married to my bride, Roshelle, for over 16 years and we have three beautiful girls and a boy. We currently reside in Georgia.
In my free time, I enjoy writing, reading, spending time with the family, cycling and working out.
I want to be available to as many people as possible. I enjoy the community that we are building. Please forgive me if it takes some time to respond! Here are some ways that you can interact with me:
- Comments: I love comments and I do my best to respond to all of them. Comment on a recent post and let me know what you think. It’s not fun to talk to myself!
- Email: I have a contact form that you can fill out to ask questions. Check it out here!
- Twitter: I love interacting on Twitter! I’m here @EricSpeir.
- Facebook: I respond to most things on my Facebook page as well! “Like” it!
This is my personal blog. The opinions that I express here do not necessarily represent those of my employer. The information I provide is on an as-is basis. I make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this blog and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its use.
Other Important Information
- I also have a Comment Policy in place. Please respect it.
- Please read my Permissions Policy as it will keep everyone happy!
- My Subscribe Page helps new readers to know how to connect with the community.
Get My Blog In Your Inbox
I hope this blog challenges, inspires, and motivates you to thrive in your faith and your family. You only get one shot at it, so you need to make it count. The best way to keep in touch is to sign up for free email updates.