This is my personal blog. The theme of this blog is simply life by the Book. (Bible) The point of this blog is to encourage people to live according to God’s playbook. I typically try to post about three times a week.
I write on leadership, personal development, devotionals, fathers, family and sometimes topics that do not fall into one of these categories. I also occasionally write about things that I find humorous or an occasional Top Ten list. These are some of my main areas of interest but occasionally I will branch off into talking about other topics such as ministry and wherever my mind tends to wander.
I would like you to take the journey with me. In fact, I want you to be a part of the community we are building here. I don’t write just to hear myself think, but as a way to connect with others. To be sure that you do not miss anything you can subscribe to my RSS feed or by email.
MY TOP POSTS
If you are new to my site, you might want to start with some of these popular posts. Here are my top three in each category:
- Questions To Ask Yourself To Discover Your Calling
- The Benefits Of Belonging To A Group
- 6 Ways To Tell If You Are Making A Living Or Making A Life
- What Angry Birds Taught Me About Anger
- Why God Never Seems To Be In A Hurry
- 10 Questions I Would Ask God
- Lessons I Learned From Crushing My 6 Year Old In Monopoly!
- 3 Tips For Parents Who Occasionally Screw Up
- 10 Seconds To A Healthier Marriage
- An Interview With Noah: “What I Would Have Done Differently.”
- Top 10 Signs Your Church Might Be In Trouble
- Ten Signs You Know The Recession Is Affecting Your Church
- Lessons From Proverbs: The Easiest Way To Build Wealth
- Learn How To Be Happy Now
- Are You A Facebook Friend, Critic Or Real Friend?
You can also check out my blog’s archives for a list of every post I have written.
I have also written for other blogs and sites:
- Relevant Magazine: Why Won’t God Hurry Up?
- Relevant Magazine: The Great Recycler of Pain
- Catalyst Space: 7 Ways To Be An Above Average Leader
- TentBlogger: 2 Tips on Not Giving Up on Blogging When Life Gets in the Way
- ChurchLeaders.com: 5 Lessons I Wish I Knew Before Starting Ministry
- Ron Edmondson: What Every Senior Pastor Needs From His Staff
- Darren Rowse’s Feel Gooder: Ten Ways To Get To Know Your Family Better
- Weekly Hustle: The Key To Being An Overnight Success
I am a full time pastor and have been in ministry for about 14 years now. I have been in a few churches holding positions such as Ministry Development Director, Operations Pastor and in my current position I am the Assistant Director to a ministry college the Georgia School of Leadership & Ministry. I spend the majority of my time developing college age students for effective ministry service.
I have also spent time in the marketplace as well. I have been in corporate management in a multi-million dollar finance company holding positions such as training manager and branch manager. In both the marketplace and in ministry I have given myself to developing people to their fullest potential.
I believe that knowledge and education are great tools to personal development. I graduated from Southeastern University with a Bachelor of Arts in Pastoral Ministry. I also completed an M.Div in Practical Theology with a focus in Leadership Coaching from Regent University. In the very near future I plan on pursuing a Ph.D in leadership development or a D.Min in Spiritual Formation.
I love to write and encourage people. I am currently working on a couple of books dealing with overcoming setbacks and personal adversity.
I have been married to my bride, Roshelle, for over 14 years and we have two beautiful girls and a baby boy. We currently reside in Georgia.
In my free time, I enjoy writing, reading, spending time with the family, cycling and working out.
I want to be available to as many people as possible. I enjoy the community that we are building. Please forgive me if it takes some time to respond! Here are some ways that you can interact with me:
- Comments: I love comments and I do my best to respond to all of them. Comment on a recent post and let me know what you think. It’s not fun to talk to myself!
- Email: I have a contact form that you can fill out to ask questions. Check it out here!
- Twitter: I love interacting on Twitter! I’m here @EricSpeir.
- Facebook: I respond to most things on my Facebook page as well! “Like” it!
This is my personal blog. The opinions that I express here do not necessarily represent those of my employer. The information I provide is on an as-is basis. I make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this blog and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its use.